- Millions of people visit xkcd.com each week to read Randall Munroe’s iconic webcomic. His stick-figure drawings about science, technology, language, and love have an enormous, dedicated following, as do his deeply researched answers to his fans’ strangest questions.
- The queries he receives range from merely odd to downright diabolical:
• What if I took a swim in a spent-nuclear-fuel pool?
• Could you build a jetpack using downward-firing machine guns?
• What if a Richter 15 earthquake hit New York City?
• Are fire tornadoes possible?
- His responses are masterpieces of clarity and wit, gleefully and accurately explaining everything from the relativistic effects of a baseball pitched at near the speed of light to the many horrible ways you could die while building a periodic table out of all the actual elements.
- The book features new and never-before-answered questions, along with the most popular answers from the xkcd website. What If? is an informative feast for xkcd fans and anyone who loves to ponder the hypothetical.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I love the blog and was really looking forward to this book, but buying the kindle edition was a mistake. There are a lot of missing images, and many of them are also strangely enlarged or shrunk. I’ll probably buy the hardcover edition later, anyone looking to buy this stay away from the kindle.” By Adam Wisecarver
“I love the text, but it’s a shame the drawings are so teeny tiny on the Kindle version of the book that it’s almost impossible to see what they are supposed to be. 5 stars when this is fixed.” By Bjarte Aune Olsen
Kindle Price: Hardcover $14.59, Paperback from $6.49, Audible $20.86, MP3 CD $20.54
File Size: 28507 KB
Print Length: 321 pages
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (September 2, 2014)
Publication Date: September 2, 2014
Sold by: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3 Paid in Kindle Store