- A few years ago, I found myself exhausted and isolated, my soul and body sick. I was tired of being tired, burned out on busy. And, it seemed almost everyone I talked with was in the same boat: longing for connection, meaning, depth, but settling for busy.
- I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, writer, and I know all too well that settling feeling. But over the course of the last few years, I’ve learned a way to live, marked by grace, love, rest, and play. And it’s changing everything.
- Present Over Perfect is an invitation to this journey that changed my life. I’ll walk this path with you, a path away from frantic pushing and proving, and toward your essential self, the one you were created to be before you began proving and earning for your worth.
- Written in Shauna’s warm and vulnerable style, this collection of essays focuses on the most important transformation in her life, and maybe yours too: leaving behind busyness and frantic living and rediscovering the person you were made to be. Present Over Perfect is a hand reaching out, pulling you free from the constant pressure to perform faster, push harder, and produce more, all while maintaining an exhausting image of perfection.
- Shauna offers an honest account of what led her to begin this journey, and a compelling vision for an entirely new way to live: soaked in grace, rest, silence, simplicity, prayer, and connection with the people that matter most to us.
- In these pages, you’ll be invited to consider the landscape of your own life, and what it might look like to leave behind the pressure to be perfect and begin the life-changing practice of simply being present, in the middle of the mess and the ordinariness of life.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“This was my first book by the author. I had pre-ordered the book and had great anticipation. It pains me to say this, but I found it to be monotonous to read and only made it through 100 pages before giving it away. I can’t help but think it would have been an outstanding essay. The message itself is valuable.” By Elizabeth Mattson
“Let me start by saying that I have read all of Shaunas books and have loved them all…she is an amazing writer.With that said I could not wait to love this book…but just could not. I feel it has some good points but it is like a bunch of random thoughts strung together…not her usual organized story telling way of writing.” By R Garrett
Kindle Price: Hardcover $13.79, Paperback from $21.99, Audible $0.00, MP3 CD $14.99
Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Zondervan (August 9, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.8 x 8.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars (357 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #194 in Books